Jumat, 21 Februari 2014

Boris's Weekly Email - Doubling Your Money is Easy

bklogo
BK Forex Trading Signals
BK Club Forex Trading Education
Boris' Weekly Trading Newsletter
Bheadhot
Traders First and Analysts Second

Blood, Sweat & Pips
- Here are our thoughts on Trading 



   
See how we LIVE TRADE the NFPs on 12.6.13
Solamente En Espanol
My friend David Aranzabal will be in Miami on March 3, 2013.
THE SESSION WILL BE IN SPANISH ONLY.

Live trading in Miami the American session with David Aranzabal!!!

MIAMI
3 of March, 2014

For the first time in America David Aranzabal will be holding a Forex 1to4 trading session.
With more than 100 sessions of live trading  it's actually the oldest forex program in spanish available.

Live trading American Session + 1 education session day + 1 year online Platinum course + 1 year mentoring program.


Only 4 places available!!!



 

Thoughts on Trading 
Doubling Your Money is Easy ....

 

 Behavioral economists love to pose the following problem.
Please choose from the following selections:
Decision I
Choose between:
A. a sure gain of $240
B. 25% chance to gain $1,000 and 75% chance to gain nothing  

 

 

  

 

 

3boxes 

 

 JOIN TODAY! EVERY SUBSCRIPTION TO BKFOREX INCLUDES TRADING SIGNALS & TRADING EDUCATION 

 

 

 


Decision II
Choose between:
C. a sure loss of $760
D. 75% chance to lose $1,000 and 25% chance to lose nothing.

 

 

Given those choices the majority of people inevitably prefer choice A and choice D and economists inform us with supercilious delight at the stupidity of our selection and further pontificate that human beings are more risk averse than profit seeking. All of those conclusions are of course true, but they also miss the point.

 

 

 

 The experiment, as set up, is almost certain to elicit the wrong answers. Why? Because of context. Very few people when given those choices think in terms of multiple samples. In decision one for example most people imagine a one time choice to either collect $240 or gamble on the prospect of making $250. Given those constraints of course you would choose A.  

 

 

 Indeed even the great Warren Buffett once remarked that,"I'd rather be certain of a good return than hopeful of a great one." Most of us just don't view life as multiple series of attempts. We believe (whether true or not) that we only have a couple shots to get things right and under those conditions the idiots are not us, but the pointy headed academics who have no idea how real people think.  

 

 

But don't pat yourself on the back just yet. When it comes to statistics we regular folk, are just as prone to making dumb decisions due to context.

 

The most common question I get from retail traders is -- how can I double my speculative capital? Imagine you are typical retail trader and you have $10,000 of risk money that you would like to put to work in the market. You can afford to lose it, but of course what would really like to do is to double it in one years time.

 

Now in a world where a great trading return is 20% per annum you are not not going to get rich quick by playing it safe. Instead you use leverage (let's assume 10X -- a woefully conservative factor for most retail FX traders but I will give you the benefit of doubt). At 10X lever factor a -5% drawdown will cut your account by -50% and a -5% drawdown is almost assured over the course of the year. In fact at 10X lever factor your chances of getting fully wiped out are probably close to 90%.

 

But hey that's ok. That was your risk capital. You come back next year and try to do the same thing. Let's suppose that you do this for a decade and perhaps if you are super lucky two out of ten year you actually manage to double your money. At the end of the decade your "investment" of $100,000 would be worth only $60,000.   

 

But what if you traded unlevered and added $10,000 each year and only managed to eke out a measly 5% annual return? Guess what. That $100,000 investment would be worth more than $130,000 and you would have tripled the initial $10,000 stake.   

 

It's all about how you perceive the problem. Doubling $10,000 is easy, if you have 10 years to do it :).  

 

The video of the webinar with Superstar Hedge Fund Trader Turney Duff can be found here 

 

 

 


 

  

clubsignup  

  

Weekly Technicals



Forex Weekly Technicals Yearly Highs?  02.23-28.14
Forex Weekly Technicals Yearly Highs? 02.23-28.14

Become a Member of BKForex.com
BKTMedia
2-5 BK Trades Per Week
Each With a Game Plan and
Specific Stop and Exit Directions

Try BKForex.com now for only $59

Sincerely,
 

BSignature

Boris Schlossberg and Kathy Lien
BKForex.com

Past performance is not indicative of future results. Trading forex carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to trade any such leveraged products you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with trading on margin, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.

 

This email was sent to forexhudi.euro@blogger.com by contact@bkforex.com |  
BKForex Advisor | The Desks of Boris Schlossberg and Kathy Lien | NY | NY | 10280

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar